Wednesday, December 10, 2008

90.

Pelicans flew over head in various directions like confused cloud formations, each intently focused on delivering tightly held packages to their respective destinations.

"That looks like a good one." The headless rifleman took aim and blasted a pelican out of the sky.

"What are you doing!?" Shrieked Mayor Salin.

"You may have noticed, but I'm missing a head (any will do), please don't ask why I can still talk."

"I don't understand what's happening here." she said, shaking her head.

"Oh, I'm just looking for a new noggin. Those birds up there carry human babies around with them. In about 20 years one of those lucky kids will make a mighty good replacement (for my present inadequacies) if you know what I mean."

"No, I meant...that's terrible." Mayor Salin backed away slowly, turned and ran as fast as she could.

"Hmph, they always start out like that. She'll come around."

No comments: