Thursday, November 19, 2009

spring cleaning in pandora's box

Yesterday I kind of let slip with the fam that I'm no longer a fully institutionalized member of Mormonism. Oops. On reflection I could have delivered this bombshell in a more delicate fashion, but no matter how gently you hit the trigger, when dealing with explosives, some one's bound to get hurt . Oh well, better out than in, honesty is the best policy even if the church disagrees (not in principle but in practice). I still have no idea what to do with the remnants of my spirituality. There's atheism, existentialism, mysticism. It's a work in progress. I'm considering taking up a Mormon Think like approach, but I'm pretty bad at hiding my identity. So, I'll just have to be an agent for change within the church, out in the open. Let's see how long I last.

UPDATE next time baby when dealing with propositions which can't be proven watch out...

3 comments:

simplysarah said...

"I'll just have to be an agent for change within the church, out in the open."

That will be interesting to hear about. I'm being sincere. I hope you'll write more about your efforts, should be good stuff.

As for me, I pretty much lost faith in Christianity at the same moment I lost faith in the LDS church. Became officially agnostic like 2 weeks later. I looked into humanism as a movement to devote my energies to, but that didn't take. So building a new worldview/value system is a work in progress for me too!

A fun, satisfying one though.

Loren said...

Welcome simplysarah.

Hopefully something new and amazing will come of my former beliefs, like a pheonix arising from the ashes. I'll be keeping tabs on the restructuring of my world on the blog for sure. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Just read your blog. That's a mighty big step and I just want to wish you all the best on your journey - it's an interesting one to navigate - I should know as I'm more or less in the same position

You have my full support whatever you decide to do dude - just be safe, be well, do what's right for you one step at a time, find your joy, and live your passions

I'll be watching for the incendiary blaze of your phoenix fire in the meantime =)

Soph