Monday, April 20, 2009

116 The Acts of Galahad 1

...I managed through an act of sheer will, the size of which is exceeded only by the magnitude of the universe itself, to stave off the titillating advances of the buxom maidens, popularly known as the Minstrels of the Moon, whose sole purpose in life seemingly, was to relieve Knights such as myself (though if we are to be honest there have been few if any knights whose stars have burned with either the luster or glory as that of my own) of all virtue and honour. I was sorely tempted, as I'm sure you'll agree, was an understandable response, but I was ever constant and unerring in my quest. I look back with wonder and awe at my own resiliency. I truly was a marvel... The revelry of former adventurers with my current hosts had  in all probability spawned the wretched creatures whom I had dispatched during my decent into this den of iniquity. I politely declined their generous offer, having no desire to contribute to the underwordly population which I had so recently culled, with the understanding that Midina, one of their number, would accompany me as a guide for as long as necessity required, the alternative being death by Dragon Fire... They wisely assented and Midina led Thomas(Tommy) and I deeper into the dungeon in search of the grail...

an abridgement of Galahad's tale recounted in the presence of Simon, which as legend has it, lasted 21 years (which was 3 times longer than the actual adventure took). To be continued...

No comments: