Thursday, April 16, 2009

114 moment of truth

Galahad had been speaking for a unnecessarily long time. Simon in spite of his sincere desire to listen, began to zone out. Galahad noticed.

"I'm sorry, I'm an utter bore it's all part and parcel of being a completely chivalrous, purely undefiled knight of all knights."

"It's not that. It's just... do you have any candy?

"Oh I see. It's not enough that I pour my heart out to you after sparing your life, now you want me to provide refreshments as well. I should have dispatched you while I was in the right mood. Now I'll just have to wait until I can whip myself up into another frenzy. Did you even listen to a word that I said?"

Simon wondered if answering truthfully was a wise choice in this situation. Then he thought of candy and felt slightly better.

No comments: