Thursday, December 3, 2009

"truly, truly, truly outrageous"

I am Optimus Prime. Ready to transform. When I was a kid I wanted to be Hot Rod who later became Rodimus Prime, and (full disclosure) I had a crush on Kimber from Jem and the Holograms. I can see the folly of my ways now; Jem was way hotter and Hot Rod was a pussy. Oh the ineffectual prayers that were offered in the hopes of obtaining these and other esoteric desires. Now I'm me grown up, disconnected it seems from my own life. The will to dream and covet the ridiculous has dissipated for reasons that I can't quite articulate. But I prepare myself now for re-entry to planet earth. I am a passive participant in my own existence. I look around me and I am alienated from the rest of the world. Who are these people? I suffer from the classic human failing of both wanting to be normal and better than normal at the same time; normal so I can become a beautiful social butterfly instead of a reticent groveling wretch and better than normal so that when they see me they'll know something amazing is taking place. My misanthropy is a serious hurdle. To reach out beyond my immense circle of influence that stops at one I will first look inward. What do I like about me? When I can answer this I'll be on my way to knowing what's worth liking in others and we can all be happy domesticated monkeys together tossing feces out of our collective cages. I will dream again. Watch out Kimber here I come.

No comments: