Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A little old school

To get me started here's a flash back to an old journal entry, just to get me back into the right flow, please excuse the exaggerated verbose language...

13 November 2007
I was wandering our wondrous metropolis (Auckland) and by chance bumped into a former University acquaintance. Louie shared with me his concerns about studying a BA, I was reluctant to dissuade him from his position, having graduated a philosophy major I know all too well the merit of said degree. I became a little flustered and wanted to depart at the most socially acceptable convenience (I was hungry), but he was intent on sharing his story. A little nudge came from what may have been the Holy Ghost. I thought that this was a good a time as any to share the gospel since my long lost acquaintance was fixed on engaging me so. To make the transition from educational misgivings to spiritual rejoicings, I first asked for his contact details, he inexplicably didn't know his own cell number (He is probably over 40 and hence new to the technology game); I seized upon this opportunity offering my own details as consolation, written on a pass along card no less. I offhandedly offered the DVD which can be ordered for free via the number on the back of the card as an early Christmas present. He seemed quite happy to investigate. "Wise as serpents and harmless as doves" somebody smart said that one time.

No comments: