Friday, January 7, 2011

evolution

There's a constant nagging sensation that I carry with me everywhere I go. Maybe there's something better I could be doing with my time it says. I take great measures to dull its voice the best I can. Who wants to second guess themselves all day? It probably helps with writing, but other than that it's uncomfortable constantly questioning your every action.

What if I started listening? This still small voice tells me to do things that I feel would make this the best of all possible worlds. At least for myself. Certainly I can't discount the affect of my actions on others. Generally though the prompts I receive are in a direction that would be mutually beneficial to all parties involved.

Some people call this the holy ghost. Anthropomorphize it if you must, I don't know what it is, or where it originates from, but whatever it is it wants me to evolve. That's my theme for 2011: Evolve, mother fucker.

No comments: