Saturday, June 26, 2010

cakewalk

Mortality is staring me in the face. The obnoxious touch of it's gaze prompts me to action. Pure physical uninhibited action. But first I've got this cool manga to read... dodadodado .... Manga, awesome, kangaroos, bifurcate, cool, um, manga I should draw some. Wait a cotton picking tooting arbitrarily measured unit of change. I can't draw. I mean everyone can draw. Just like everyone can sing. That's what some one told me. I agree, but most people do these things badly. Maybe after a million, years I could learn to sing proficiently. No, even that wouldn't be long enough. There's that mortality thing too remember, I haven't got that long. You know, NBA players clock up thousands of minutes a year practicing and playing bball, and some of them still can't dunk. No, singing is out of the question. Sometimes physical limitations disqualify certain actions. Where was I, ah yes drawing, occasionally there is verisimilitude between what I see and what I draw. This is always shocking when it happens. I will never be a virtuoso. This ain't gonna be no cakewalk (bonus points for using dictionary.com's word of the day). I may just have to settle for mediocrity, but there's a long way to go before I even reach that point. Mortality I will not go down without a fight, I will scratch and claw and hustle and leave my little tags defacing the place, you'll see, but first wow what's this the internet...

No comments: