Tuesday, August 12, 2008

22.

I better make this sound good.

"Behold the mighty moon! Who giveth light to those who would not walk in darkness, hear my words!"

"Oh dear, here we go Tommy, he or she or whatever it is, is at it again. I hoped it'd forgotten we were here. I'll handle this." said Galahad.

If anything was going through Tommy's head at that moment, you would not have known it to look at him. He would have made an amazing poker player.

"Yes, mighty moon, what is it you wish to inflict upon us now?"

"I have given you solace, in your time of lamentation, be not flippant to your great deliverer."

"Of course, my apologies dear sir, it's just that we live in your left ear and it's not the most comfortable of spots. Not that I'm ungrateful, it's just that I can't take you seriously when you adopt that quasi-God complex and begin jabbering like some one's inserted a 40 mile pole-axe up your arse. What I mean to say is that you're a rock, not that there's anything wrong with that, but where I come from that doesn't count for much. In fact the only thing rocks were good for really were to be tossed about, and I must say you've continued the tossing tradition quite nicely. I'm sorry you were saying."

Damn he's onto me. "Silence mortal."

"Well, strictly speaking that's something of a misnomer."

"SILENCE!! The equinox" Yeah that sounds like it could maybe be believable. "draweth near and I have it on good authority that as surely as I circle the earth, when the time cometh I shall loose control of my bodily functions and my ears shall overflow with my righteous indignation--"

"Cheese puss? you cold hearted son of a --"

"I AM A PATIENT LOVING MERCIFUL BEING, BUT FOR THE FINAL TIME SHUT THE **** UP. YOU WILL GO TO EARTH AND BRING ME THE FLYING ONE."

"The who?"

"LOOK!" The moon directed a few of the suns rays down through a series of channels and internal holes, when the light reached Tommy and Galahad it formed an image which looked very much like Simon flying through the night sky. It was a skill that he'd mastered over the eons and one that he was thoroughly impressed with.

"Most impressive, Mr. moon."

"INDEED. YOU WILL BE SPARED THE WRATH OF MY FURY WRUNG OUT, TINY WARRIOR & UGLY LIZARD, IF YOU GIVE HEED UNTO MY WORDS. THE CHEESE WILL HAVE RECEDED BY THE TIME OF YOUR RETURN AND IF YOU ARE FAITHFUL IN FULFILLING MY COMMAND YOU SHALL OBTAIN THAT WHICH YOU HAVE SOUGHT THESE LONG YEARS."

"More cheese?"

"THINK HARDER FOOLISH KNIGHT."

Galahad looked over at his Dragon friend. Tommy began to smile.

No comments: