Thursday, March 24, 2011

the show goes on all right

I've never been this almost homeless before. Wow, I never even contemplated that eating could ever become a luxury. To quote Stu from the Hangover "This situation is completely fucked." I'm sure there's a lesson in this somewhere. It's times like these where I like to brake out little nuggets like this one, courtesy of Chris Prentiss: "Everything that happens to me only happens so that I can be benefited to the maximum amount possible." A lie probably, but a lie worth living. While I'm on a roll, David Foster Wallace offered this gem (which makes me more comfortable about adopting these sometimes ridiculous personal mantras): "In the day-to-day trenches of adult existence, banal platitudes can have a life or death importance." And he killed himself (that last fact makes me less comfortable). My personal favourite at the moment, though, I stole from Lupe Fiasco, no matter what, no matter how bad things get: "The Show Goes On."

*update*
stupid me, I forgot to mention "winning", oh yeah, that's what I'm all about.

No comments: