Friday, May 22, 2009

instant classic

Seth Rogen. Seth Rogen. Seth Rogen. 

He's everywhere, but nowhere, without body parts or passions. In all things and through all things. You can hardly go to the movies these days without noticing that he has somehow achieved omnipresence. 

How does he do that?

I've just seen Mallcop 2: Observe and Report, the ballad of Ronnie Barnhardt. Can you say cinematic genius? So I can I, but I can do a lot of things. Audiences stayed away in droves, another sure sign of success.

Ah, so many talking points... the already universally condemned date rape sketch, a scene that will live forever in infamy. The sign of a good writer is that he takes risks or is stupid or both, but never at the same time. I don't make the rules I just brake them.

Ray Liota we missed you. Like a bowling ball filling the chasm of 7-10 split, under different circumstances this would have been a goooaaal. Sorry.

This film was funnier than Fried Green Tomatoes, I Know What You Did Last Summer and Schindler's List combined. Absolutely hysterical. I laughed through the entire thing, especially when he shot the flasher at the end [oops **SPOILERS**], I don't think anyone else did.

No comments: