Tuesday, September 30, 2008

when liberal is not enough

Always putting the toilet seat down is so last century.

It's a coddling, sexist, boorish gesture and I'm sick of it.

It hearkens back to a time when women were considered incapable of anything other than getting pregnant and if you were lucky, mixing up a mean stew.

We're beyond this, sisters are doing it for themselves, so let 'em. I'm all for liberation.

Let's put an end to an ugly relic of a best forgotten bygone era. All capable humans take the destiny of your toilet seat into your own hands!

Disclaimer: I am a second wave machoist and to be fair extremely lazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, let them put the seat down themselves. They're the ones who are gonna fall in if they don't. Right?

Anonymous said...

Nailed it. I've been a victim of this unfortunate circumstance many times. Please, hold your applause, it’s not as impressive as it sounds. If each of us takes personal responsibility we can all avoid these embarrassing types of incidents in future. There's a dangerous entitlement mentality floating around in the public domain and I feel the need to spread the good word that all we need to do is reach out the hand of accountability and take ownership of our lives. A handy tip: Always, always, always check for paper before sitting down on a public excretion facility. Anonymous, I'm here for you whenever you need me. Just call my name and I’ll be there. Mariah, what have you done to me!?